June 13, 2015
We became miners for a day through the Benguet Corporation Balatoc Mines Tour, which is the first and only mining attraction in the Philippines. Aside from seeing actual equipment used by gold miners in the 1950’s, we were able to go inside the Vegas Tunnel. The highlight of the tour was witnessing an actual dynamite explosion and experiencing a blast/shock wave.
If you need a place to stay in Baguio City, click on the following link for our suggestions: Hotels/Bed and Breakfast/Inns
This was part of our 24-hour Manaoag-Tuba-Baguio-Itogon itinerary, which you can see by clicking this link: Manaoag-Benguet 24-hour Itinerary.
Watch our video below:
- Tour – P500 per 2 persons / P250 per person
- Jeepney fare from Baguio City – P100 per two persons, round-trip / P25 per person per way.
- By Jeepney
- From the terminal in Petron, Harrison Road (see map below), ride a jeepney, which is headed to Acupan. Ask the driver to drop you off at the Balatoc Mines, which is approximately 12 kms. from the terminal.
Some Notes & Tips:
- The site opens at 8:00 am, while the last call for the tour is at 2:30 pm.
- You will be provided with a hard hat and safety boots.