August 30, 2015
Situated right in the middle of Quezon National Forest Park is Mt. Mirador or Mt. Pinagbanderahan, whose peak is 1200 ft. above sea level. The cemented 2-km. trail is manageable, scenic and alluring to newbies in hiking. It was very important during World War II, as it was where the Philippine flag was hoisted; hence, its name.
If you need a place to stay in Lucena City, click on the following link for our suggestions: Hotels/Bed and Breakfast/Inns
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for travel arrangements!
March 21, 2015
We reached the peak of Mt. Pamitinan after 2 hours of hiking and rock climbing. Mt. Pamitinan is situated in Sitio Wawa, Rogriguez, Rizal, right next to Mt. Binacayan.
Watch our video here:
Budget: P710 for two persons / P355 per person
- P150 – Gas
- P20 – Parking
- P10 – Entrance Fee (2 persons)
- P500 – Tour Guide (Not fixed)
- P30 – Bottled Water (2 bottles)
Travel time is around 1.5 hours from Cubao, Quezon City
Some Notes and Tips
- Wear fingerless gloves as the trail to the summit requires climbing rocks.
- There are sari-sari stores at the jump-off point.
- Come early as you might want to check other places of interest in the area: Wawa Dam, Pamitinan Cave, and Mt. Binakayan.
- We got there at around 2pm and got back to the jump-off point at around 6pm, leaving us no time to explore other parts of the area.