This is still part of our 6-Day North Luzon Backpacking Adventure.
After hopping on a bus in Claveria, Cagayan, we arrived in Santa Ana, Cagayan three hours later. We were greeted by a random tricycle driver, who offered to bring us to the Nangaramoan Beach, which has extraordinary rock formations.
In the morning, we explored the exquisite Palaui Island (Punta Verde, Cape Engano Lighthouse, Falls). Words won’t do justice to the beauty of the island so we’ll just leave you with pictures. In the evening, we were able to take a photo in front of the 642-kilometer marker (away from the Rizal monument), which is the last one up north.
If you need a place to stay in Santa Ana, click on the following link for our suggestions: Hotels/Bed and Breakfast/Inns
Spent our 11th anniversary by taking part of the Ecotour provided by the exquisite municipality of Masinloc, Zambales, which according to Guinness, is home of the sweetest mangoes in the world! We had a once-in-a-lifetime experience by snorkeling, seeing giant clams, corals, and mangroves, eating delicious seafood at the Bacala Guest House, and enjoying the clear waters, and fine, white sand of San Salvador Island.
Music: Burning Bright by Jon Maurer
May 3, 2015
Since the Philippines is an archipelago, it is also known for its delicious seafood. Dampa, Farmer’s Market is where you can satisfy your seafood cravings. At Dampa, you can shop for fresh raw ingredients yourself.
After watching Pacquaio lose to Mayweather, we headed to Dampa to comfort ourselves.
If you need a place to stay in Cubao, click on the following link for our suggestions: Hotels/Bed and Breakfast/Inns
Budget: P560/2 persons or P280/person
- Cooking/Paluto charge -P250
- P120/half kilo of Inihaw na Liempo
- P130/half kilo of Garlic Buttered Shrimp
- Shrimp – P170 per half kilo
- Pork Liempo – P100 per half kilo
Some Notes and Tips:
- Make sure to do the marketing yourself for a better experience and for practicality purposes.
- The food we ordered could feed three hungry persons. We were able to take out our left-overs.
- Dampa is an open area but there are air-conditioned rooms that you can rent for a fee.